Saturday, January 8, 2011

two | pants!

Of all the Christmas crafting projects I tried this year, I think the Christmas pyjama pants were the biggest success.

I used Anna Maria Horner's Quick Change Trousers pattern from her Handmade Beginnings book. The pattern and instructions were very straightforward and they were a joy to make. I made four pairs in the 6-9 months size and one in the 18-24 months size. I used Alexander Henry's Yuletide Zoo in natural and green, and they were really perfect for the pattern - the pants are completely reversible, so I used one colorway for the outer side and the other for the reverse side (apart from the larger pair for which I used a solid, Kona cotton in grass, I believe). The turned-up leg openings allow you to see both sides, which worked really well!

First finished pair of Christmas pyjama bottomsI love the reversible-ness
Giraffe!

Unfortunately, I think that due to the unprecedented weather conditions in Ireland, some of the pairs did not make it to their destinations before Christmas... No matter, I'm sure they will be kept for the next child or passed along.

The perfect model!
There was at least one happy recipient though!

1 comment:

  1. Luca made the blog, how cool! :D x Tanx Auntie Clare x

    ReplyDelete