Monday, May 10, 2010

Musique

I can't believe I had never heard of La Blogotheque/The Take-away Shows before... Simon stumbled across it on youtube last night while trying to learn a Yeasayer song. An absolutely incredible and vast collection of candid, raw performances from lots of bands and musicians I know and adore, like Beirut, The NationalFleet Foxes, Andrew BirdBon Iver and Sigur Rós. But there are many many more from bands I haven't heard of, how am I going to get through them all?

This one from Yeasayer gives me goosebumps!


Now that I think about it though, there is another fantastic project, devised by Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich - From the Basement. I came across it ages ago, when Thom Yorke performed, then promptly forgot about it! D'oh! There's oodles more fantastic stuff on there, including Radiohead PJ Harvey, Band of Horses, and Beck. Ooooh, (re)discovering new music (even if it's only new to me) makes me so profoundly happy...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Clare,
    I enjoyed that music clip, thanks!! Your blog looks great keep updating it and let us know what your up to and email me dates you're home so I can make sure we're around. And Molly's cardie looks so cute she'll be snuggly in it!!

    Saragh x

    ReplyDelete