Friday, October 15, 2010

August

August was a big one, with trips and visitors. Make a cup of tea and settle in for a long post!

It started with some crafting...

... I finally untangled that wool (but have since not been able to bring myself to knit anything with it), and made a birthday tote for Mariana.
Untangling
Mariana's Birthday Bag2-hour Birthday Bag

I also started on some Christmas crafting, or rather, unconventional wedding present-making (more on that another day!).
Christmas Crafting!
Oooh Christmas fabric

We followed the Asphalt Orchestra around the Lincoln center, like children after the pied piper...
Asphalt Orchestra, Lincoln Center
Like the Pied Piper

We saw Deertick at the Bowery Ballroom...
Deertick, Bowery Ballroom, Aug 13th 2010Deertick

Then it was off to Philadelphia to visit Lars, just before he moved back to New York.

Philly is one of my favourite cities to visit... I love its alternative, tattooed (or knitted!), artsiness...
Bike warmers
...its quiet, cobbled, leafy streets and Victorian architecture...
Philly Street
Philly
Lars' Office
...and its craft beers and tasty food -especially Lars' cooking, which is always spectacular and decadent.
I'll have a Raging Bitch!Beer Sampler, Dock Street Brewing Co.
Dessert by Lars
Enough to Drink?

Philly is also home to two of my favorite fabric and wool shops... Spool and Loop. I can never visit Philly without dragging everyone to South Street, and forcing them to go for a drink while they wait for me to buy something! This time, I went for some fabulous Madelinetosh sock and merino yarns. The sock yarn is on my needles now, hopefully on it's way to becoming a shawl for my Nana.
Philly Wool

Somehow, there was time for a hen (bachelorette) night, and wedding ceremony...
Otto
Hen Night, Washington Sq ParkWedding Dress

...and then our favourite visitors, Richie and Jane, came! We picnicked while watching Manhattan in Central Park, walked along the Highline, and generally had a great time.
Highline
Leaving the Met
Come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment