Sunday, October 10, 2010

er.... what was I saying?

I feel like I just popped out for a litre of milk, but disappeared off on a two-month fugue. I have a hundred (bad) excuses for my disappearance... the interminable summer heat that literally sucked the life from me, the marathon training, and of course, work. But now the autumn is here and I have lots of things to show and tell! Starting with a summer summary. Tonight, June! Be prepared, it's a long post!

June started with a brief visit home to Donegal and Dublin, where we spent a lovely afternoon in Stoneybatter...
...had some great coffee in Lilliput, thanks to Sherlyn & Joe...
...and spent a wonderful evening drinking Guinness with friends.

Then...

...it was off to the Loire Valley, where we visited "our" vineyard (Domaine de la Chevalerie) to collect a case of wine (a fabulous wedding gift, thanks Dan!). There we met the very animated wine-maker, Stephanie, who told us she drinks no less than 4 glasses per day - one with breakfast, one with lunch and two with dinner!
Of course, we had to try some too!

Next, we made our way through Chinon...
...and Richelieu...
...to Bordeaux, for Redmond & Cora's Wedding!

Then it was on to visit Phil & David in Begur, on Spain's Costa Brava, where I spotted some beautiful bright quilts...
...but it was only a brief stop on the way to Barcelona, for a work conference and a little bit of obligatory sight-seeing.

Thankfully, after all that running around, I got to chill out for a few days down on the Costa del Sol, with my Dad, BrĂ­d, and my super-cool, hilarious lil sis, Grace. I had a fantastic couple of days, doing nothing but hanging out and chatting, watching the world cup, and enjoying a glass (or three) of wine. It was just awesome.

2 comments:

  1. missed your blogging! x sorry didn't get to chat chat on our skype call, mammy duties kept me relatively tied up! x talk soon! cant wait to see you guys at xmas! we not only have a room for ya but the other flat should you so desire for a night/week/month or whatever! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks hon! Hopefully I'll be able to keep the momentum going this time :)
    Can't wait to see ye too! And thanks so much for putting us up - ye're great! We can always babysit!?!? I have been working on something for Luca that I'll hopefully finish over the next week and pop in the post to you - will post about it on here as soon as I do!! Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete