Sunday, April 24, 2011

sixteen | hot cross buns

Hot cross buns, hot cross buns...
Rise! Rise! Please!!
...one-a-penny, two-a-penny...
I always wondered what the cross was made from... just flour, water and a little sugar!
...hot cross buns.
Shiny and glazy
From this Nigella Lawson recipe. They were not a complete success, but not a failure either. I've been having a lot of trouble with yeast-based breads. The dough just doesn't rise like it's supposed to. I've been advised to try mixing the dry yeast with a little warm water and sugar and letting it sit for 10 minutes before mixing it with the flour. I'm definitely going to give that a try next time!
Hot Cross Buns
Happy Easter! We had a yummy and relaxing lunch with friends... but I am very jealous of everyone at home and their day off tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment