Saturday, April 9, 2011

fifteen | La Courtepointe Provençale

About a year ago, I started on a quilt that was to be a present for a wonderful couple, Redmond and Cora, whose wedding took place in a magical château in Bordeaux last June. I posted about the pattern (Marquee, from this book) and my progress a couple of times.
DSC_0070
I even managed to finish quilting it sometime last year. But, for the past 6 months or so it has languished in a corner, awaiting the tedious process that is hand-sewing the binding.
DSC_0169
Well, finally, I managed to spend a slightly hungover Saturday on the sofa, and I finished it!
DSC_0200
And just in time too - Redmond visited us and picked it up last week, just after I managed to run it through the wash ad get a quick couple of snaps of it!
DSC_0223
DSC_0225
It's called La Courtepointe (French for quilt, of course) Provençale, because the bright colors strike me as a little French... R&C did get married in Bordeaux, but I'm taking a little artistic license here!
DSC_0230
I am delighted with how it turned out, and must try another quilt with this pattern soon. I also have a pile of left-overs that I am determined to turn into cushions for our new sofa. Hopefully in less than one year. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment