Monday, July 19, 2010

Behind schedule

Surprise, surprise, I am considerably behind schedule on the epic five-wedding-and-six-baby-gift extravaganza...
...which is why finishing this quilt top seems like such an achievement!! It's Marquee, from the Modern Quilt Workshop. While it's a pretty simple pattern, it has taken a lot longer than I expected or would have liked. That said, I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out. Bright and happy.
...but before I can finish this quilt completely, I need to make a gift for a baby warming next weekend. Well, it's baby shower, but I keep mixing up "baby shower" and "house warming" and now "baby warming" has just stuck. I'm using Anna Maria Horner's Folksy Flannels, and my intention is just to make a very simple pieced squares quilt, along the lines of the beautiful work of Ashely, of Film in the Fridge - one of my absolute favorite quilting blogs.
I suppose I should mention that today I became a lot older than I've ever been before... It's taking a bit of getting used to - I've now grown sufficiently old that it seems like it might be time for me to grow up too. Scary!!

No comments:

Post a Comment