Saturday, July 10, 2010

IV: Baby Quilts

I'm going to ignore the fact that I failed to post yesterday, and go ahead and talk about some more FFOs - a pair of baby quilts. The red/green one has already found its way to its new owner, baby Luca, while the purple one will hopefully go to its home, with baby Abigail, in the next week or so. Luca's parents were really very grateful for the quilt, which made me so happy!
The quilts were made using Elizabeth's Simple Modern Baby Quilts pattern, which I believe is currently unavailable because she is revising it. I really have to own up to something though... when I started these quilts (in January 2009!!), I can't honestly say that I had babies Luca and Abigail in mind (I dare say that at that time, their parents may not have had them in mind either!). Instead, I was making them for two other babies, James and Seán, who were born last March. But, by the time I finished the quilts (April of this year!), James and Seán were already one year old. So I thought that quilts with trucks and other boy-things would be much more suitable than the baby birdies on these (Alexander Henry's Starling)...
So, I hope to get started on those boy-quilts really soon! Fingers crossed they will not take as long to complete as these did!

No comments:

Post a Comment